In April 2021, we asked a panel of California youth about their thoughts on civic engagement. What are young people doing now to address the issues they care about? What kind of future do they hope to build? What does it mean to be young?
- Danielle Thompson, Youth Beat
- JaNell Gore, South Kern Sol
- Samuel Getachew, writer and Oakland Poet Laureate 2019
- Maritza Camacho, Oak Leaf News at Santa Rosa Junior College
- Joaquin Alvarado, studiotobe
Through California On The Ballot, California Humanities invites the people of California and beyond to reflect and talk—with journalists, historians, election experts, and more—about the past, present, and future of electoral engagement in California. To sign up for upcoming events, visit www.calhum.org.
This event is funded by the “Why it Matters: Civic and Electoral Participation” initiative, administered by the Federation of State Humanities Councils and funded by Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.