In 2020, California had its highest voter turnout since 1952; but why? What factors into high and low voter turnout? How have watershed moments in California history affected turnout? Join California Humanities and KALW for a panel discussion that delves into these questions.
- Eric McGhee, Senior Fellow at Public Policy Institute of California
- Jane Junn, Professor of Political Science, University of Southern California
- Shakirah Simley, Director of San Francisco Office of Racial Equity
- Dr. Veronica Terriquez, Associate Professor at University of California, Santa Cruz
- Francisco Pedraza, Political Scientist at University of California Riverside
Sonia Narang manages KALW’s elections coverage, and heads up the station’s Health & Equity reporting project. Sonia’s multimedia stories from her home state of California and around the world also appear on PRI’s The World, NPR News, The Washington Post’s The Lily, and others.